Through these short conversations, we try to understand what our customers think about us. Today we are going to Katowice, Poland, to visit the Chair and Department of Biochemistry which is part of the Medical University of Silesia. They are using our Ultra-Low Temperature Freezers which have been provided by our local agent LABID S. C as part of the Silesia LabMed Project and are located in the Silesia LabMed Cooling Room in Zabrze-Rokitnica of the Medical University of Silesia. Prof. dr hab.n. med. Jolanta Zalejska-Fiolka working in the Department of Biochemistry was happy to share her feedback on our products with us.
- Could you explain what your activity consists of?
The main activities of the department of Research and Biochemistry (Medical University of Silesia in Katowice) is research:
- Examination of the oxidative status of the organism during the course of metabolic diseases (atherosclerosis, diabetes, fatty liver, hypertension, obesity) and in diseases of the oral cavity and periodontium.
- Research into the oxidative and inflammatory theory of atherosclerosis, including anti- and pro-oxidative activity, immunological parameters, and the influence of antioxidant substances during the course of atherosclerosis and accompanying diseases.
- Study of the oxidative profile in people exposed to severe metal poisoning (Pb, Cd, Zn) and in those with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Effects of trace elements (e.g. selenium, sulfur) on the body metabolism.
- Investigation of the effects of fluoride on pro- and antioxidant properties and the biochemical changes in the body.
- Study of the antioxidant properties of methionine and its protective role in fluoride poisoning.
- Study on the effects of consumption of non-oxidised and oxidised vegetable and animal fats on metabolism and homeostasis.
- Investigation of biochemical parameters and oxidative status carried out in cultures of neoplastic cells (e.g. mouse squamous cell carcinoma, human melanoma, human lung adenocarcinoma).
- Study of the influence of cryotherapy and magnetic fields on the metabolism of living organisms.
- Study of the content of biologically active heterocycles aromatic nitrogen compounds and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in heat-treated foods.
- Why is there a need for cold/blood storage in your business?
Freezers are used to store biological material for biochemical research.
- Which products did you buy from B medical Systems? For which purpose?
We bought Ultra-Low Temperature freezers U901 for storing research material.
- What are the feature that you liked the most? Could you please talk about the performance of the devices?
- Reliability of freezers. We’ve never had any problems with them. Freezers are trusted by us
- High temperature stability inside the freezers chambers
- Registering operating parameters.
- Data transfer to USB stick.
- Pressure equalization port to prevent door suction.
- CO2-Backup System for emergency temperature maintenance is important.
- Signaling of alarm on a mobile phone via SMS
- How are you using the B Medical Systems products and how do they benefit your institution?
These are freezers with a very large capacity (currently the largest in the market), therefore we have no problem allocating a large number of materials for testing, and the freezing temperatures reaching down to -80°C allow for the long-term storage of samples.
- Have you found in B Medical Systems a trustworthy partner?
Yes. LABID S. C. Martyna Bidas, Bartosz Bidas is our local agent in Poland.
- How did you learn about B Medical Systems?
From the sales representative Mr. Jakub Bidas Z LABID S. C. Martyna Bidas, Bartosz Bidas.
- How long have you been a B Medical Systems’ customer?
Since January 2021
- Are you satisfied with the equipment?
Yes, we are very pleased.
- Would you recommend B Medical Systems?
Yes of course.