Through these short conversations, we try to understand what our customers think about us. Today we are going to Charleroi in Belgium to visit ASBL ETS LA TRANSFUSION DU SANG (www.dondesang.be) a blood transfusion establishment (ETS). They are using our Contact Shock Freezer (CSF) to quick freeze plasma. The person in charge of the laboratory and preparation has accepted to answer some of our questions.
1. Could you explain what your activity consists of? We are a blood transfusion establishment. This means that our mission is to prepare labile blood products to meet the needs of hospitals (leukoreduced red cells concentrates, pathogen-reduced platelet concentrates and in-viro inactivated plasma) as well as those of the fractionator CSL Behring (plasma for the preparation of drugs) from blood collected from voluntary Belgian donors.
2. Which model did you buy from B Medical Systems? We chose the CSF61s model.
3. Why do you need a contact shock freezer in your company? To preserve the plasma properties (coagulation factors, immunoglobulins, …), each plasma bag must be frozen within the time limits defined by the Belgian legislation.
4. What are the characteristics of our product that you liked the most? The system is very compact, easy to access, does not create cold air for the users and has little impact on the ambient temperature of the room where it is installed (thanks to the split cooling system). The frozen plasma bags are uniformly flat. The maps made during the validation show a small difference (time to reach -30°C at core) between the positions of the bags in the freezer.
5. How do you use the B Medical System product? We use system in double layer, mixing small and large bags as long as the thickness is comparable. It cools in less than 1 hour. Thanks for SHMC, we have carried out different performance mapping of the system.
6. Have you found B Medical Systems to be a reliable partner? Yes, because the claimed performances are met without any problem. Moreover, whenever we have a question, the BMS team responds quickly.
7. How did you learn about B Medical Systems? Through visits from SHMC, the device’s distributor
8. How long have you been a customer of B Medical? Since December 2020.
9. Are you satisfied with the equipment? Yes, we are. The system fully meets our expectations. We have from time to time questions about some of the alerts or alarms, sure that the BMS team will respond quickly.
10. Would you recommend B Medical Systems? Yes.